Assist. Prof. Dr. Altan ÖZKAN
Environmental Engineering Department
Assistant Professor Doctor
- Ph.D.: Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Engineering the University of Texas at Austin, USA, 2012
- M.Sc.: Master of Science in Environmental Engineering Hamburg University of Technology, Germany, 2008
- B.Sc.: Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 2006
- Algal biotechnology
- Biological wastewater treatment
- Xiang, X., Ozkan, A., Kelly, C., & Radniecki, T. Importance of microalgae speciation on biogas production and nutrient recovery from anaerobic digestion of lipid-extracted microalgae biomass. Environmental Engineering Science, (2018) 35(4), 382-389 http://doi.org/10.1089/ees.2017.0201.
- A. Ozkan, G.L. Rorrer, Effects of light intensity on the selectivity of lipid and chitin nanofiber production during photobioreactor cultivation of the marine diatom Cyclotella sp., Algal Res. 25 (2017) 216–227. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.algal.2017.04.032.
- A. Ozkan, G.L. Rorrer, Effects of CO2 delivery on fatty acid and chitin nanofiber production during photobioreactor cultivation of the marine diatom Cyclotella sp., Algal Res. 26 (2017) 422–430. doi:10.1016/j.algal.2017.07.003.
- A. Ozkan, G.L. Rorrer, Lipid and chitin nanofiber production during cultivation of the marine diatom Cyclotella sp. to high cell density with multistage addition of silicon and nitrate, J. Appl. Phycol. 29 (2017) 1811–1818 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10811-017-1113-7.
- X. Xiang, A. Ozkan, O. Chiriboga, N. Chotyakul, C. Kelly, Techno-economic analysis of glucosamine and lipid production from marine diatom Cyclotella sp., Bioresour. Technol. 244 (2017) 1480–1488 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2017.05.079